torstai 9. kesäkuuta 2011

Floor is underway!

So, after a few days of removing patches attached by rivets, shoddy inner rocker patches and other rusty bits I've finally been able to remove most of the old floor from my '55 Chevy. The old floor was practically gone, there was no salvable sheet metal whatsover left.

In this stage the front of the floor is gone. Also, the drivers side rocker panel was already gone when I bought the car.
It's good to see the old, rotten floor gone. There's still a lot of cleaning up to do, since the old rockers were left inside the new patch panels. So, there's rusty metal with rusty metal inside it (so that you can grind while you grind). Next up is the patching of the toeboard and more cleaning up. I'll post better pictures later on.

I'm just happy to have this project underway!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti